- Download programme outline of the meeting (pdf)
- Download detailed programme on the parallel sessions (pdf)
- Download preliminary programme on the excursion, May 26, 2012 (pdf)
- The venue: Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station
Full texts intended to be included in the conference proceedings (maximum 10 pages) should be mailed to SSFE-2012(a)helsinki.fi in MS Word format by September 1, 2012. Please, use the following template in writing or copy your unformatted text into the template.
Download the template here
Language checking and scientific reviewing are not provided by the editors.
The estimated time of publication is December 2012.
SSFE 2012 Hyytiälä group photo
Papers missing from the Scandinavian Forest Economics No 44 to download
- Price, C. Price_SSFE_2012_Normal_forest_structures (pdf)
- Price, C. Optimal rotation with differently-discounted benefit streams (pdf)
- Price, C. & Willis, R. Rising carbon flux price and the paradoxes of forest-based reduction of atmospheric carbon stock (pdf)
Some presentations to download
- Brege, Nord & Nordigården: Design of value chains in volume-intensive market segments – exploiting economies of scale, scope and integration (pdf)
- Korhonen, Hujala, Kurttila & Virkkula: Communities of practice in non-industrial private forestry (pdf)
- Leppänen: Proposals to improve forest holding size and structure in Finland (pdf)
- Lönnstedt & Norlin: Swedish forest owners’ associations – development after the 1970s (pdf)
- Vlosky: Forest Sector Competitiveness in a Global Recession (pdf)
- Zhang: Forest industry foreign investments: case study of three companies in China (pdf)
Call for papers has ended
The conference fee includes the program, accommodation in shared rooms, breakfasts, coffees, lunches and dinners during the conference, and evening program.
Conference fee is 300 € if paid by April 30, 2012. After that the fee is 350 €. The price for the excursion on May 26, 2012 is 30 €.
Please, pay the conference fee to the University of Helsinki bank account in Nordea.
IBAN: FI23 1660 3000 0777 20
Important, please mention the reference: wbs 4720564
We ask you to send the receipt to ssfe-2012(a)helsinki.fi or bring it with you to conference.
Travel information to the nearest city, Tampere
Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station is located in Juupajoki, which is a municipality about 60 km from Tampere.
Besides to Helsinki, there are some international flight connections also to Tampere, which are worth of checking.
E.g. bus from “Helsinki-Vantaa Airport” to “Tampere Bus Station” (appr. 2.5 hours)
E.g. local airport bus nr 61 or 61V from “Lentoasema” (= Airport) to “Tikkurila” (appr. 25 minutes) and then train from “Tikkurila” to “Tampere” (appr. 1.5 hours)
Preliminary travel information from Tampere to Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station
There will be a SSFE-transport from Tampere-Pirkkala Airport, Tampere Bus Station and Tampere Train Station to Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station. Please, remember to give your arrival information in registration or by email to ssfe-2012(a)helsinki.fi.
There are also some ordinary bus connections from Tampere (and even a few from Helsinki) and local train connections from Tampere, which pass more or less close Hyytiälä. Please, check the detailed travel information on Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station website.