The 2020 Biennial Meeting of SSFE, which was planned to be organized in Lehmonkärki Resort, Asikkala, southern Finland 12-14 May 2020 (see Announcement on February 2020), was changed to a virtual online conference and postponed due to COVID-19 situation to 29 – 30 September 2020.
The Webinar was run at University of Helsinki Zoom, with Conference Moderation Studio at Epicenter, the Helsinki House of Digital Innovation
- As a book of abstracts and conference proceedings, Scandinavian Forest Economics 49 has been published online in December 2020 and printed copies were sent to those participants wished to have one.
- SSFE Board agreed with Journal of Forest Economics of a Special Issue, stemming from the SSFE 2020 contributions and other topical Nordic research in forest economics. The Special Issue has been co-edited by Francisco X Aguilar and Camilla Widmark at SLU Umeå. The Special Issue is planned to be published in 2021.
- Announcement and Call for Papers: 10 February 2020
- Registration for non-presenting participants was open until 13 September 2020
- Submission of abstracts was open until 1 September 2020
There was no participation fee in the online conference.
Co-event IUFRO 5.10.00 Conference
The SSFE2020 Biennial Webinar meeting was organized in coordination with IUFRO WG 5.10 Online Conference 28-29 September 2020. The collaboration featured joint Keynote and mingling sessions.
- Teppo Hujala, University of Eastern Finland (SSFE Chair of Board 2018-2020)
- Katja Lähtinen, Natural Resources Institute Finland (SSFE Deputy Member of Board 2018-2020)
- Sari Pynnönen, University of Helsinki (General Conference Secretary for IUFRO 5.10 and SSFE events)
- …in collaboration with Anne Toppinen and Arttu Malkamäki from the IUFRO 5.10.00 Conference Committee
The IUFRO WG 5.10.00 and SSFE2020 joint online conference received financial support from Nordic Forest Researchh (SNS), the Forest Bioeconomy Network, Finnish Society of Forest Science, and Niemi Foundation. The support is acknowledged with gratitude.